Van Gogh is one of the most popular artist. Even though not many of us can recognize all of his 900 painting and 1100 sketches and pencil drawings, he left a legacy that few artists can compare with.
He was an extremely creative and hard-working post-impressionist and it is not surprising that his paintings are some of the most expensive in the whole world.
Cherished and valued are not only his paintings but also his words. Today we present you a list of 10 motivating Van Gogh quotes.
If you have ever been amazed by the way Van Gogh draws, get prepared to be amazed by the way he speaks.
1. “You can feel the stars and the infinity of hte sky since life, in spite of everything, is like a dream.”
2. “The way to know life is to love many things.”
3. “Art is to console those who are broken by life.”
4. ” I often think that hte night is more alive and more richly colored than the day.”
5. “I put my heart and m soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process.”
6. “If you hear a voice within you saying you are not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.”
7. “Great things are not done by impulse but by a series of small things brought together.”
8. “It is good to love many things, for therein lies the trues strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is well done.”
9. “We take death to reach a star.”
10. “I am seeking, I am striving. I am in it with all my heart.”