London Knee Arthritis Specialists Offer Arthrosamid Injections For OA Stiffness

May 29, 2023

Get long-term relief for knee pain and stiffness, with just a single injection! The specialists at MSK Doctors (0330 001 0048) in London are the first, and the best, UK clinic certified to administer this new treatment – you can even book your appointment online.

Did you know that there are some treatments that are safe and effective, that aren't available yet through the NHS?

It's not their fault - medicine is always advancing, and it takes a little time to get new training programs in place.

In the meantime though, these treatments are still accessible - if you know where to look.

For example, did you know that MSK Doctors, a specialist clinic in London, is the first UK clinic certified to offer Arthrosamid treatments?

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself though - perhaps I should start by explaining what Arthrosamid is, and why this is such a great opportunity.

The short version is that Arthrosamid is a single-injection treatment for knee pain and stiffness, with the potential to provide long-lasting relief.

Keep reading and I'll tell you all about it - or you can visit the MSK Doctors website to get the facts straight from the source. You can even book your own appointment online, right now, without a referral. Just visit

If you haven't heard of Arthrosamid, that's not too surprising.

It's been in development for over two decades - but you know medical researchers, they're very cautious. It's already been through several clinical trials with no major complications - and now it's finally been approved for use by certain clinics in the UK.

While injection treatments for knee pain and stiffness are not new, Arthrosamid differs from the traditional options because it is non-biodegradable, which allows it to provide long-term relief with only a single treatment. How long exactly is up for debate still, but studies have shown consistent pain relief in patients 3 years after their injections - and one study has now been extended to study the results at 5 years.

What may surprise you the most, is that Arthrosamid is mostly water.

No seriously, it's 97.5% water, with the remaining 2.5% being a "cross-linked polyacrylamide backbone."

I know, that probably means very little to you - it means very little to me too, but here's how it was explained to me.

The "polyacrylamide" is a polymer that's super water-absorbent, and forms a soft gel when it's hydrated. Basically, like a tiny, soft plastic sponge - and when it's injected into your knee, it uses all that water to form a nice, protective cushion.

That may sound similar to traditional arthritis injections for the knee, but here's where it starts to get interesting. Most treatments are absorbed by the body within a few weeks or months - because human bodies are really good at that, and we mostly use biodegradable materials.

Arthrosamid, on the other hand, has the potential to integrate more permanently into the synovium of your inner joint capsule. This creates a similar cushion-like effect, but unlike the traditional options, it can last for several years.

Does it sound too good to be true? Well, just wait, because it gets better.

What would you expect for side effects from such an effective treatment?

Personally, my guess was occasional swelling, restricted movement, and pain when the weather changes - and I was wrong on almost every count.

Though some side effects may be possible, research suggests that Arthrosamid injections most often have extremely minimal and temporary side effects, if any. The most commonly reported complaints are temporary pain, swelling, or redness at the injection site, which fades within the first few days to a week.

Now, to be fair, I was partially right about the restricted movement - but that's very temporary.

When asked about after-care, a spokesperson for the clinic explained, “You will have to avoid any strenuous weight-bearing activities (e.g. running, tennis, or long walks) during the first few days after your injection. We will advise you on how to slowly introduce more activity.”

I guess that just goes to show that you should always ask the experts - and in this case, that has to be MSK Doctors.

They're the first clinic in the UK certified to administer Arthrosamid - and since they have some of the top musculoskeletal specialists in the country, and let me book appointments online without getting a referral from my GP, they're definitely still the best.

If you're suffering from pain and stiffness in your knees, stop it.

All you have to do is give Prof. Paul Lee a call, he's the clinic's founder and Arthrosamid specialist.

Book your appointment right now, online, by visiting

Web Analytics