20 Reasons You Are A Terrible Indian Citizen
I have a voter card, I respect our tri-color flag, I do know how to sing our national anthem, but all these still don’t make me a good citizen. We have read a lot about ‘responsibilities of a good Indian citizen’ in school books, but many of them don’t relate in our everyday lives. Everyone of us is responsible for how India is today and how it will be, the little things we do everyday shape India, and little changes in us can create a better society and of course a better country.
1. You can name all the Shahrukh Khan movies, but you can’t really name half of the Indian states.
2. You pretend to be smart but you don’t even know who the President of India is.
3. You sit in ‘ladies only’ seat and never offer seats to senior citizen, and when you do is the time you are about to get off.
4. And you talk loud on phone and play music in public transport.
5. You are rude. You don’t say ‘please’, ‘thanks’ and never smile to strangers.
6. You don’t know where is Sikkim or Manipur, and you think northeast people are foreigners.
7. You put your lights on when you actually don’t need it.
8. You always keep your house clean but you spit, urinate and litter in public places.
9. You don’t follow queues and always try to break and push.
10. Sports for you is only ‘Cricket’. You don’t even know a name of a single player in our Hockey team.
And you criticize India for not being qualified for FIFA World Cup and you entirely blame the government and other sport bodies for India’s worst performance in Olympics.
11. You worship these self-proclaimed Godmen.
12. And these Bollywood celebs are your role model.
13. You blame women for wearing short dresses when they are being raped.
And you defend rapists by saying women should be punished too.
14. You irritate others by honking when it is not required.
15. For you, Diwali means this…
16. You celebrate the success of Dabaang or Dhoom 3 but not India’s successful Mars mission.
17. You know that these politicians are corrupt, but you still vote for them.
18. You have money to watch Himesh Reshammiya’s movies, but you don’t even have Rs 10 to give it to the poor.
19. You waste food when 230 million Indians and 24 percent of our children go hungry daily.