The TV Show “Friends” premiered in 1994 and focuses on the lives of Joey, Rachel, Chandler, Ross, Monica and their friends, all waiting in a trendy cafe in Byron Bay.
But hey, you already know that… and you also know that Phoebe Buffay (played marveously by Lisa Kudrow) is the most eccentric character on the show and one of the funniest girlfriends as well. That’s why she deserves her own article with which we can explore her wisdom and humor. She has been making many of us laugh for more than 20 years now.
Phoebe seems like a strange source for guidance, but she can teach us a lot about love, life and friendship. Here are some of the her most memorable quotes from the show:
2. “This is the nicest kitchen. … The refrigerator told me to have a great day.”
4. “I’m a lady, Monica. I don’t kiss and tell. But this hickey speaks for itself.”
6. “One really does have a stick up one’s ass. Doesn’t one?”
8. “I just gave birth to three children and I will not see them grow up in a world where Joey is right.”
10. “Come on, Ross, you’re a paleontologist. Dig a little deeper.”
12. “I don’t know, you might be the first one.” “I’m sorry I won’t be able to make it to your imaginary wedding, but I’m really busy that day. I already have a unicorn baptism and a leprechaun bar mitzvah.”
14. “”Well, I’m sorry, but it’s hard to believe that someone would tell a story that dull just to tell it.”
16. “That Is Brand-New Information!”
18. “I Don’t Even Have A ‘Pla’.”
20.(Singing) “Now Grandma’s a person who everyone likes, she bought you a train and bright shiny bike. But lately she hasn’t been coming to dinner. And last time you saw her she looked so much thinner. Now your Mom and your Dad said she moved to Peru but the truth s he dies and someday you will too. La-la-la-la-la… “
Didn’t these quotes give you a chuckle and warm your heart?