Would we be stereotyping if we say that many sport celebrities are far from intelligent?
Is that a prejudice? Are the bright super starts the rule or an exception.
Known as one of the most exciting football players, Owen turns out to be not that exciting when he opens his mouth. Some of his comments are so bright that you might be wondering if he is reading from a script or an autocue. One thing is for sure, they add so much to the game.
If you don’t want to miss this football legend’s wisdom, check out our selection of ten best Michael Owen quotes and sayings. Have you heard any of his official statements in public before?
1. “Footballers these days often have to use their feet.”
uhm… yeah, right… back in the days, they didn’t
2.“You’re on your own out there with ten mates.”
let me get this right… are you on your own, or not?
3. “What a shot! That’s completely unstoppable, but the keeper’s got to do better for me.”
how much better… for an impossible shot?!
4. “If there’s a bit of rain about, it makes the surface wet.”
FYI water is wet.
5. “Whichever team scores more goals usually wins.”
thank you, captain obvious
6. “It’s definitely hit Defoe’s hand as it’s gone in, but it’s not a handball for me.”
yeah, I see…
7. “To stay in the game, you have to stay in the game.”
8. “I love these players with two feet.”
and what about those with more leg… what’s wrong with them?