Dr. Gregory House is a character who refuses to obey the usual pieties of modern life.
In the House MD TV Show, he is portrayed as a person who lacks sympathy for his patients: an approach that helps him solve many pathological enigmas. He expects to find a rare disease in the patients he is treating.
Gregory House has a quite tormented and difficult personality which is often the obstacle to establishing good personal relationships with colleagues.
The following quotes from the TV series reveal a lot about his character and also include many of his really impressive and clever findings about people and life.
1. Dr. Gregory House: The eyes can mislead, a smile can lie, but shoes always tell the truth.
2. Dr. Gregory House: A unicorn isn’t a unicorn, it’s a donkey with a plunger stuck to its face.
3. Dr. Gregory House: Even a drunk with a flair for the dramatic can tell himself he’s an angel.
4. Dr. Gregory House: Everybody lies.
5. Dr. Gregory House: Relax, I have just the thing to cheer you up… we’re being sued!
6. Faith, that’s another word for ignorance, isn’t it?
I never understood how people could be so proud of believing in something with no proof at all. Like that’s an achievement.
7. “I’ve found that when you want to know the truth about somebody, that somebody is probably the last person you should ask.”
8. White lies. Those are lies we tell to make other people feel better.
Rationalizations. Those are lies we tell to make ourselves feel better.
9. House: “Jobs are not being destroyed they are being relocated.
The fact that you see that as inherently bad means that you are an irrational patriot. To put it another way: a patriot.”